The Immersion Program is an exciting opportunity designed for those seeking a deeper experience in the EAP/EAL field. A chance for hands-on learning at the Horse Sense farm, this program is a good fit for anyone willing to invest in their education and their future, who is also committed to learning more about every aspect of running an EAP/EAL practice.
The Immersion Program is also ideal for folks wanting to take the time to focus on their lives, their horses and a vision for their future.
Although immersions are all customized to meet the specific needs of the cleint, past 1-2 week (5-10 day) immersions have consisted of:
- EAL sessions with Shannon Knapp and the Horse Sense team to assist with personal discovery
- Mock sessions with "stunt clients", with on-the-spot coaching of your facilitation
- Consultation time with Shannon to assist in determining and aligning for your goals in the field
- Time with Shannon Knapp &/or Richard Knapp, Parelli 2-Star Instructor, learning horse psychology, behavior and skills with horses that will assist you in your work (Richard is available when he is not interning with Parelli!)
- Time in independent study with Horse Sense's library of books, CD's and DVD's (much of the knowledge needed to succeed in this field)
- Contemplative time in our Labyrinth (either with a horse or without)
- Observation of retreats, events and workshops, as appropriate to your goals
If you are interested and want to be considered for an Immersion Program, please email us a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter when you'd like to join us and for how long you'd like to stay, as well as your top three goals for your time with us. We'll connect with you after receiving these documents and let you know if we feel we are the right fit for you and your needs. Immersion Programs vary in cost depending on goals, but a week-long (5 day) immersion investment averages $1250. Onsite housing is available for fee.